Life is full of colours & I love to add this colour in my foods also.
I wanted to prepare paratha with some vegetable stuffing. But my friend R was not into a mood of oily foods. So while preparing roties for dinner, I thought to use those vegetables (which I wanted to use in stuffing) in roti as colours.
So the result came out a beautiful colurful recipe which made our dinner tasty :)
Enjoy the recipe!
Wheat flour - 2 cup
Salt - 1/2 tea spoon
For red Colour:
For orange colour:
For green colour:
green capsicum, green chilly & green moong chana
1. Divide maida in three parts.
2. Mix each part of maida with different coloured liquids separately; knead into three soft & smooth doughs. If required add water to make it smooth.
3. Divide each dough into 8 equal portions & combine one portion from each three coloured doughs together. Repeat the same thing for remaining 7 portions. Keep aside.4. Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using whole wheat flour.
5. Cook on a hot tava (griddle), until both sides are ready.
6. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 7 more roties.
7. Serve hot with daal tadka, daal pakoda & Onion.
1. You can make parathas in same way using a little oil/ghee.
2. To make the colured liquids use blender for the three colours separately.