Bhapa Doi or steamed yogurt is a traditional Bengali cheese cake which is prepared by steaming sweetened yogurt. To simplify the steaming process in our modern kitchens, sweetened yogurt is baked in a water bath to make this delicious dessert.
I followed the recipe given here except the garnishing.
1. Pour the condensed milk into a bowl.
2. Add the yogurt, and milk and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a steamer container.
3. Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Cover the container with aluminium foil and place in the steamer. Cover the steamer and steam for twenty to twenty five minutes.
4. Cool and set in the refrigerator. Unmould onto a serving plate.
5. Top with a few saffron strands,kismis & kaju. Serve chilled.