Today's rainy sunday weather was perfect for a heavy & spicy lunch. So prepared the Chicken Pulao. But since I do not like too much spice & curd, so discarded curd from my recipe & made it less spicy.
Enjoy the less spicy Chicken Pulao!
Chicken - 500 grams
Onion - 3 (2 - paste use in marination; 1 - fry)
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Ghee - 50gm
Poppy seed paste - 1/2 tea spoon
Kaju paste - 1 tbs
Green Chilly,chopped- 1
Cinnamon Stick - 1
Star Anise - 1
Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Bay leaves - 1
1. Take Chicken, wash well and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Marinate the chicken with poppy seed paste, red chilly powder, salt and ginger-garlic-onion paste. Massage well using your hands to rub in the masala and then keep aside for half an hour to marinate.
2. In a wok heat 1 tbsp desi ghee and add 2 onions, chopped lengthwise and brown them. Keep the fried onions aside along with the ghee.
3. . In a wok heat 1 tbsp desi ghee and add cinnamon stick, 1 star anise and saute. Now add the marinated chicken with all masalas. Cook for 5-8 minutes on high flame till colour of chicken changes. Add Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Red chilly powder, Salt. On high flame fry for 5-8 minutes.
4. Add chopped green chillies according to taste.
5. Then add 1 cup of water and let it come to a boil. When the chicken will be soft & the water is soaked completely, keep the chicken aside.
6. Wash and soak rice in water for 1/2hr. In the cooker take ghee, whole garam masala, drained rice.
Add 1 1/2cups water (use the same cup used for measuring rice), chicken with gravy and salt.
7. Cook on high flame & wait for the cooker to whistle once. Turn off the heat & let it set for 10-15 mins.
8. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish Serve hot.