This is a very common curry in our home. This is simple yet tasty. As I am staying alone, so sometime when I am not in a mood of spicy food, I prepare this. This plain curry is good for the diet chart as well :)
Ridge Gourd - 2
Potato - 2 (medium)
Onion - 1 (medium)
Nigella seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Green Chilly - 2
1. Wash & peel off the outer hard skin of ridge gourd. Cut into small square shaped pieces. Cut the potatoes into medium pieces after removing the skin.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan; add nigella seeds; When it strats o splutter, add sliced onion & chilly.
3. When onion becomes little soft, add the potato pieces & saute for 2-3mins. Now add ridge gourd pieces. Add two chilies - cut into two parts. Add turmeric powder, salt to taste & saute.
4. Lower the heat & cover the pan. Enough water will come out of the gourd pieces, which is sufficient to prepare the dish.
5. When you get desired amount of curry, turn off the heat.