Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cherry-Choco Paratha

On  my Birthday morning, I wanted to prepare something tasty, unusual & most importantly it should not take too much time because my friend had to leave early for office. So this recipe came into my mind. I love sweets & so this breakfast made my day.
If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.



Ingredients:


Chocolate - 30gm
Maida - 2 cup
Baking Powder - 1tb spoon
Sugar - 3 tb spoon
Cherry
Cherry Syrup
Oil to fry

Method

For the dough 
1. Combine maida & cherry syrup and knead into a soft, smooth dough. If required add water to make it smooth.
2. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.

For the Cherry-Choco stuffing:
3. Chop the cherries & the chocolate bar. Mix them.
4. Divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions. Keep aside.

5. Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using whole wheat flour.
6. Place one portion of the Cherry-Choco stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
7. Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter using whole wheat flour.
8. Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a little oil, until both sides are golden brown.
9. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 7 more parathas.
10. Serve hot.

For Cherry Syrup:
Boil water with Cherry & suger. Boil until you get the desired sweet taste & red colour. You can use these cherries later in stuffing also.

If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.



No comments:

Post a Comment