Here is a combination of baking, frying & stuffing, in a single recipe. First I baked to make an egg-cover in one face of the Chichinga pieces, then I stuffed those pieces with something which I like & finally frying to cover the other side of the pieces with egg. I enjoyed this; enjoyed how the idea came step by step as I was cooking; enjoyed the food finally-a lot.
Snake gourd 1 medium
Egg 2, beat with salt in a bowl
Onion 2 cups, very finely chopped
Chilli 2, chopped
Capsicum 1 large, very finely chopped
Tomato 1 medium, very finely chopped
Coriander powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1tsp
1. Remove skin of snake gourd, cut into 4 pieces & take out the seeds completely, so that the pices look like hollow cylinder.
2. Heat 1tbs oil and saute onion for 1/2 min. Add the chopped chilli and fry for a few seconds. Add the capsicum, tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and masala powders (coriander, cumin & chilly). Cook for 1-2mins. Stuffing is ready.
3. Heat a non-stick pan. Place the gourd pieces vertically & pour 1-2tbs of the egg mixture in each piece. Lower the flame & cover the pan. This will cover one open face of the cylindrical piece.
3. keepthe flame low, uncover & take the gourd pieces in a try & add 2tbs of the fillings inside each pieces. Now pour 2tbsp of the egg mixture over the fillings to close the other face of the piece.
4. Immediately transfer the pieces to the hot pan & fry in hot oil. Fry both the sides of the pieces now.
Linking to JCO: I M Well Stuffed!