Saturday, July 14, 2012

Baked Egg in Banana Leaf

That day, I was not feeling well. So I wanted to prepare something different (my friends know it very well that when I am not feeling right I'll cook something different). But there was only eggs in my room & a few onions, three small banana leaves & tomatoes.

So the output was a modified recipe. The method is somewhat similar to the we use for Hilsa fish recipe. I was not very sure about the recipe but result was very less-oily tasty kofta :) . Now my friend R is waiting to taste it again.

The recipe is here. Enjoy!



Ingredients:

Egg - 2
Flour - 2 tb spoon
Onion - 1 big
Tomato - 1 medium
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1 tea-spoon
black pepper powder - 1/2 tea-spoon
>oil

Method:
1. Beat eggs with all ingredients;beat until it becomes smooth.
Heat up a sheet of banana leaf (make sure no holes) either by placing it on top of a heated pan or oven for a few minutes, or rinsed in boiling water. This softens the leaf and also releases the aroma.
3. Place the heated banana leaf in a baking tray (in case the juices seep out, which it will) and place batter on the banana leaf and wrap with the leaf. There is no need to wrap it tightly.
Bake for 15min in a tawa or oven.
5. Cut the baked egg in small pieces. If you want you can fry these cakes & make curry.


No comments:

Post a Comment