Thursday, July 5, 2012

Paneer-Drumstick Kabab


I was going through Sanjeev Kapoor's recipes, there I found the Bhutta Seekh Kabab recipe. While going through the recipe, my friend called me & told me that next day there was 'potluck' in his office. So he asked me to prepare some veg starter. As I am very much fond of cooking & always try to do some experiment, I wanted to prepare something different as well as tasty & should look nice.

But while I went to buy the ingredients, I could not find the Corn, the main ingredient. So thought to modify Mr. Kapoor's recipe for my friend's potluck party. The result was surprisingly very good. Everyone loved the starter and asked him for the recipe.

So here it is. I hope you will enjoy this a lot.







Ingredients:

Drumstick,cut into inch pieces
Cottage cheese (paneer) 250 grams
Green chillies,chopped 5-6
Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves,chopped 3 tablespoons
Ginger,chopped 1 inch piece
red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1 tablespoon
Chaat masala 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Oil

Method:

1. Boil the drumsticks in sufficient water with salt, so that the pieces become soft. Drain and cool.
2. Place the cottage cheese in a deep bowl and mash well.
3. Add the green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, fresh coriander, ginger, chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, and salt.
4. Knead well to make a smooth dough.
5. Divide the dough into sixteen portions. Shape into elongated one-and-a-half-inch thick kabab. Insert a drumstick piece into each kabab in such a way that two inches of the sticks out.
6. Heat a tawa. Place the kababs on it, drizzle a little oil all around and shallow-fry till golden brown. Turn the kabab over frequently so that they brown evenly.
7. Serve hot with sauce (See below for the sauce recipe).

Preparing Sauce:

1. Blend 5 tomatoes & take the juice out.
2. Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan and saute.
3. Add tomato juice and tomato ketchup. Cook for a minute.
4. Add vinegar and red chilli powder.
5. Add salt,sugar and mix well. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment