Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kochur Dom\Dum Arbi


Since my last post, I was busy with shifting to my new place & arranging it. So could not find time to prepare something which I can share with you, except for this recipe & one more (which I shall try to post soon, as the house arrangement is still going on). I wanted to have Aloor Dom, but here I hardly can find the small potatoes. So modifying the Dom Aloo recipe with these small colocasia tubes. Hope to get some feedback :)

If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.

Picture Courtesy: http://findmeacure.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/colocasia-root.jpg




Ingredients:
500gms Kochu (colocasia) 
water 
oil for deep-frying 
1 cup ghee (optional)
2 medium Onions, finely chopped 
1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
1tsp garam masala powder
4 bay leaves 
12 cloves of garlic, finely chopped 
2 tbsp ginger 
1 tbsp coriander powder 
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder 
Salt to taste
1tsp Sugar

Method:
1. Scrape the kochu (colocasia), prick all over with a fork. In a cooker take these colocasia with enough water & place on oven; wait till 2-3 whistles of the cooker. Turn off heat & keep aside for 10mins.
2. Heat oil in kadai. Add the bay leaves & add chopped garlic, toss for 30sec. Add chopped onions. Saute for 2mins. Add the boiled colocasia. Saute for 3mins. 
3. Add ginger paste & toss. Add tomatoes & toss. Add all the masala powders (except the garam masala), salt, sugar & saute for 4-5mins on medium flame. 
4. Add enough water, depending upon the tenderness of the boiled colocasia & amount to gravy you want. Cover the kadai & cook on low flame (if the colocasia tubes are not tender enough).
5. After7-8mins, unver the kadai & cook on high flame until you get the desired amount of gravy.
6. Add garam masala powder & saute for 10-12sec on low heat. Turn off the heat.

If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.



2 comments:

  1. I tried your luchi and motor ghugni.... It was great. One of my fav is kachu. Though I used to make boil and make curry with imli, I will definitely try this kachur dam ! Thanks for this beautiful post though .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome! thanks for your support & encouragement Sameer :)

      Try this & let me know.

      Delete