I have tried biriyani in different flavors, but this time I tried biriyani with fish & added a tangy flavor. So here is my recipe. Hope you enjoy it & send me some of your feedback :)
1 large - Capsicum, cut into small diamond shapes
2 medium - Onion, chopped
3 cups thekera soaked water (soaked for whole night)
1 large - Carrot, grated
2 - Chilly
1 cup - Dhania patta, chopped
200gm - Fish
4 tbs - thekera paste
2 cups - Basmati Rice
Salt To Taste
1 tb spoon - garam masala
2 - bay leaves
1 tbs - Sesame seeds
4 - cardamom
2 - Cinnamon sticks
6 - raisins
Rice:Water - 1: 1 1/2
1. Wash & soak rice for half an hour. Soak kismis in water.
2. In the cooker heat refined oil; add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, thekera water, drained rice and salt.
3. Cook on high flame & wait for the cooker to whistle once. Turn off the heat & let it set for 10-15 mins.
4. Spread rice on a plate to cool.
5. Clean fish & marinate them with salt & turmeric powder for min 1/2 an hour.
6. In a kadai, heat oil & dip fry the fishes; keep in a separate plate. Keep the remaining oil in a bowl.
7. Take 3tbs of that oil (in which you fried the fishes) in the same kadai & add chopped onions. When onions become soft, add the vegetables. Add salt, dhania patta & chilly. Lower the flame. Saute for 6-7mins or until the vegetables become soft. Keep aside.
8. In that same kadai, heat 1tea spoon of that oil; add half of the cooked rice, add turmeric powder & saute for 3-4mins.
9. Now in the cooker, heat 1tbs of the fish-fried remaining oil. Add bay leaves, garam masala powder, sesame seeds & thekera paste.
10. Arrange a layer of the turmeric rice & then place the fishes and spread the remaining white rice over it.
11. Sprinkle lime juice, saffron with milk. Spread the fried vegetables.
12. Place the cooker (without the whistle) on heat & cook on medium flame for 5min.
13. Place the cooker in a kadai filled with water & cook on low heat for 10 min.
14. Garnish with dhania patta and fried onions. Serve hot.