Now a days, I am having so much spinach in my food, the only reason is spinach is very much available in the market now. Anyway, this time one more fish recipe with spinach & the good news is, this recipe was liked by friends of my R. He has loved this fish recipe & now he wants to have the same recipe again. So I can say, the recipe is a hit :)
Here's my recipe.
100 grams of spinach, soaked in warm water, coarsely chopped
Brinjal - 1cup, sliced
Fish - 500gm (Rohu, Hilsa or any big fish)
Cumin seeds - 1tbs
Coriander powder - 1tbs
Turmeric powder - 1tbs
Green Chilly - 2
1. Take one whole fish and wash. After removing the head cut into steaks about 3/4 inch thick. Remove the scales. Rub 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 tea spoon of salt all over the pieces. Fry a little in hot oil in a pan.
3. Mix coriander powder and turmeric powder with 3 tbs of water.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick thick bottom pan. Add brinjal pieces. Fry it for 3min & keep aside.
5. In that oil, add cumin seeds and green chilies and after about 1/2minute add spinach leaves; when this becomes soft add the masala powder mixture and stir for about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep the flame low.
6. When the paste becomes little bit dry and fried, add water. Now higher the flame. When the curry starts to boil add the brinjal pieces & fishes. After 5mins turn down the heat.