Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paka Potol Bata


This is one of it's kind. I found it in some books or somewhere, I do not remember properly. The first time I prepared it, loved it a lot. Hope you like the recipe. Please send me your feedback to improve my cooking :)
If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.



Ingredients:

Potol \ Parwal \ Pointed Gourd - 4-5, Ripe
Garlic - 6-7 cloves, chopped finely
Onion - 2 large, finely chopped
Onnion seed - 1tsp
Chilli - 3
Salt & Sugar to taste
Musterd Oil - 2tbsp


Method:

1. Remove skin and take all the pointed gourds and grind them in a food processor. Just need to grind them twice, do not make paste.

2. Heat oil in kadai, add onion seeds. When it starts to spaltter, add the chopped garlics followed by onions. Add chilli.

3. When onion becomes little soft, add the pointed gourds, salt, sugar (optional). Saute for 4-5mins. Turn off the heat.

4. Serve with rice or roti.

New update:

Recently I have prepared this dish. But this time I have used shil-pata to grind the pointed gourds.
 So here are new photos.






If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME EXCELLENT VEGETARIAN RECIPES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sumitra,

      Thanks a lot.
      I am sorry for late reply. I am back to my blog after a long time with a new post. Please keep in touch though my blog and keep sending your feedback

      Thanks
      Nandita

      Delete