This rice recipe was another successful attempt with spinach leaves. It is simple but tasty. It went well with Spinach Chicken. Hope you like the recipe.
2 cups - Basmati Rice
1 - Capsicum, cut into diamond shapes
50gm spinach, soaked in warm water, finely chopped
Salt To Taste
1 Pinch - Turmeric powder
1 tb spoon - garam masala
2 - bay leaves
3 - cardamom
1 - Cinnamon
6 - kismis
Cheese to granish
Rice:Water - 1: 1 1/2
1. Soak rice for half an hour. Soaked kismis in water.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee is a cooker, fry bay leaves. Add cinnamon & cardamom.
3. Add the garam masala and fry. Add the capsicum & chopped spinach and mix well.
4. Cook until the masala separates from oil and vegetables (capsicum+spinach) gets tender. Add turmeric powder.
5. Add rice, salt, 3 cups of water and stir well. Add kismis. Cover and cook on high flame & wait for the cooker to whistle once. Turn off the heat & let it set for 10-15 mins.
8. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with cheese & Serve hot.