The holidays are over & I am back with different recipes which I tasted during my vacation. My ma, boro-mashi have prepared many tasty Bengali foods for me & now I am trying them one by one. So here is a recipe which I found in Chakdah, at Boro-mashi's home, Mochar Ghonto Narkel diye (Banana fritters stir fry with Coconut). I loved that & asked her recipe. So here it is!
Banana Flower 1
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Bay leaves 2
Cumin 1 tsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
Garam Masala powder 1 tsp
Grated coconut 1/2 cup
Oil 3 tbs
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Once the florets have been cleaned, chop them into small size. Boil this with little salt till almost cooked. Remove water and keep florets aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and bay leaves, and once the seeds start to splutter, add the boiled mocha. Add turmeric powder and salt, cover the pan with a lid, and allow it to cook for 10 minutes on a slow flame; gently cook it by tossing and turning it several times.
3. Add ginger & cumin paste and mix them well. Also add a spoon of sugar to taste.
4. Add the grated coconut when all the ingredients are soft and the water has dried out.
5. Finally, add the garam masala mix & this is ready to serve.
When peeling the mocha, apply some cooking oil/mustard oil to your hands to prevent the sticky juices of the mocha from staining your hands.