After my last post, I was quite busy with some works, house shifting & medical issues. I am not sure when I shall be able to post regularly, again. Anyway, here is a quick post on the chicken dish I prepared last weekend. It is tasty & requires very less oil.
Raw Papaya - 1
Chicken - 500 gm
Onion - 1, medium, chopped
Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
Chilly - 2, chopped
Refined Oil - 2 tbsp
Garam Masala- a small pinch
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Onion seeds - 1/4 tsp
Water - 3 cups (depends upon the amount of gravy you want)
1. Half the papaya, take out the seeds & peel off the skin. Chop the papayas in small cubes & wash.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add the onion seeds. When the seeds start to spatter, add chopped garlic, onion & chilly.
3. After frying on low heat for 2-3 mins, add chopped papayas. Add turmeric powder, salt & sugar. Saute for 3-5 mins on medium heat.
4. Add the chicken pieces. Mix everything properly & cover the kadai. Cook for 6-7 mins on medium heat.
5. Add water & cover, cook on low heat until the chicken is done & only a little amount of water remains. It may take 10-15 mins.
6. Add garam masala powder, mix & cook for 1-2 mins again. Serve hot with puri. We had this with the green luchi.