This time I opted the recipe from my favorite Chef's book Kadai Cooking, a book must for any cooking-lover. This is a Cottage Cheese or Paneer recipe, went perfect with the plain nun. I & R found our another favorite dish, after having this delicious food in our dinner of two.
For the record, here is the original recipe I found in Kadai Cooking by Sanjeev Kapoor, a Chef whom I admire a lot & sometime try to follow his cooking.
•Cottage cheese (paneer),cut into thick strips 250 grams
•Oil 2 tablespoons
•Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
•Garlic paste 2 teaspoons
•Green capsicum, cut into thick strips 2 medium
•Tomato,seeded and thick strips 2 medium
•Onion thick strips 2 medium
•Tomato puree 3 tablespoons
•Salt to taste
•Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
•Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
•Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) 1 teaspoon
- Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed kadai; add the cumin seeds.
- When they begin to change colour, add the garlic paste, capsicums, tomatoes and onions and sauté for five or six minutes.
- Add the paneer, tomato purée, salt and chilli powder. Sauté for a while till the paneer begins to stick to the pan.
- Scrape the paneer off the bottom of the pan and sauté for a while longer till the paneer is dark brown and mashed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and kasuri methi and serve immediately.