Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paneer Khurchan - a Chef Special

This time I opted the recipe from my favorite Chef's book Kadai Cooking, a book must for any cooking-lover. This is a Cottage Cheese or Paneer recipe, went perfect with the plain nun. I & R found our another favorite dish, after having this delicious food in our dinner of two. 

For the record, here is the original recipe I found in Kadai Cooking by Sanjeev Kapoor, a Chef whom I admire a lot & sometime try to follow his cooking.




Ingredients

•Cottage cheese (paneer),cut into thick strips 250 grams
•Oil 2 tablespoons
•Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
•Garlic paste 2 teaspoons
•Green capsicum, cut into thick strips 2 medium
•Tomato,seeded and thick strips 2 medium
•Onion  thick strips 2 medium
•Tomato puree 3 tablespoons
•Salt to taste
•Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
•Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
•Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) 1 teaspoon


Method:
  1. Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed kadai; add the cumin seeds.
  2. When they begin to change colour, add the garlic paste, capsicums, tomatoes and onions and sauté for five or six minutes.
  3. Add the paneer, tomato purée, salt and chilli powder. Sauté for a while till the paneer begins to stick to the pan. 
  4. Scrape the paneer off the bottom of the pan and sauté for a while longer till the paneer is dark brown and mashed. 
  5. Stir in the lemon juice and kasuri methi and serve immediately.


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Thanks for posting such a beautiful recipe with us and keep posting recipes.
    Best regards
    Eric stalker
    Moscow Mule Cups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eric,

      Thanks for your feedback. I am back after a long time with a new post. Keep reading and encouraging me with your constructive feedback.

      Thanks
      Nandita

      Delete
  2. It was marvelous experience to eat Paneer Khurchan. Easy and tasty recepi. Everyone should try and taste.

    Best regards
    Erie Tree Trimmers
    Tree service erie pa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erie,
      Thank you for trying and giving your feedback. I am back to my blog after a long time with a new post. Hope you try and like it. Keep reading and encouraging me.

      Thanks
      Nandita

      Delete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your recipe posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you share recipe again very soon! I am glad, i have found your post while searching about cadeau vader online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jelle,

      I am happy to know that you visited my blog and liked this post. Thanks for susbscribing too.
      Please check out the latest posts i have shared and feel free to share your feedback.

      Delete