You may think how come a fish recipe is veg!!!!
This dish is a mixture of different seasonal vegetables & adding fish into them. So, what name can be best except this? I was bored with different spicy & rich dishes of fish. So wanted to have some veggies in my food, but my room-mate was into the mood of fish. So instead of preparing two different dishes, I cooked one & combined both of the two tastes. The dinner was without any argument as we both were happy with our taste-buds :)
Here is the recipe (a very simple one) which I followed. Hope to get your feedback :)
Fish - 500gm, cleaned & washed
Potato - 2, medium
Carrot - 2, medium
Capsicum - 1, large
(you can use cauliflower, brinjal, Gourds, pumpkin etc.)
Onion - 1, medium, chopped
Chilly - 1, coarsely chopped
cumin seeds - 1/3tsp
musterd seeds - 1/2tsp
fenugreek seeds - 1/2tsp
turmeric powder - 1tsp
cumin powder - 1tsp
salt to taste
sugar to taste
1. Marinate fish with salt & turmeric powder.
2. Cut your favorite vegetables (I have taken carrot, capsicum, potato, since these were only available in my kitchen store) into medium cubes or pieces.
3. Heat oil in a kadai n fry the fishes. Keep aside.
4. Now keep 2tsp oil in kadai\wok, keep aside remaining oil for future use. In the remaining oil, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds & musterd seeds.
5. When the seeds start to splatter, add onions & fry for 2mins on medium heat. Add the vegetables & saute for 3-4mins. Add the masala powders, salt, sugar, chilly. Fry for 2 more mins.
6. Add water (depending on amount of curry you want), cover the kadai & cook on low heat until bubbles appear. Now uncover & add the fishes. Cook for 3mins & turn off the heat.
7. Serve with steamed rice.