Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mushroom Jalfrezi

Jalfrezi or “dry fry” is an Indian curry in which marinated pieces of meat or vegetables are fried in oil and spices to produce a thick, dry sauce. You can use bell peppers, onions, paneer, French beans, or any of your favorite vegetables.

I always want to try different vegetables, spices & other ingredients in different ways. So yesterday evening when I was with R in the market, suddenly some colorful vegetables came into my eye. This was the first time I found these vegetables in the market in my 1year staying in Marathahalli. While buying the colorful vegetables I decided what I would prepare in the next day lunch. 





I saw the vegetable jalfrezi recipe of Sanjeev Kapoor once in some TV show, so I tried to remember the recipe & modified that with mushrooms.

Hope you like it!









Ingredients

400 gms Mushroom
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium green capsicums
1 medium yellow capsicums
1 medium red capsicums
2 medium onions
½ tsp ginger paste
½ medium bunch coriander leaves
2 whole green chillies
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1 ½ tbsp vinegar

Method

1. Wash and cut tomatoes, onions, and capsicums into long slices.
2. Clean the mushrooms & cut into quarter pieces.
3. Clean, wash, and chop coriander leaves. Remove stems and break green chillie into two.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add the green chillies, ginger, and onions. Sauté till the onions turn golden brown. 
5. Stir well and add red, green & yellow capsicum slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushroom and toss.
6. Add salt and vinegar and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the tomato pieces.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with chapatis.





1 comment:

  1. Tried this one... it was really good. But not able to make, when to put coriander leaves?

    ReplyDelete